At Melbourne Osteopathy Sports Injury Centre, we recognise the importance of physical activity in the workplace. We support Premier’s Active April for the many physical and psychological benefits that it promotes. With just a little extra effort, you can begin forming healthy long-term habits to keep active whilst managing a busy work schedule.
Try the ideas below – they won’t take up much extra time and can lead to some very positive health improvements:
- Choose stairs over the lift.
- Treat escalators like stairs.
- Try a walking meeting – this helps get the blood flowing and is great for generating ideas.
- Find a lunch time activity – Pilates, walking, yoga, etc.
- Encourage your workplace to start up lunchtime corporate health classes for your team. These are becoming very popular as they benefit individuals’ health and improve productivity for employers.
- Walk part of the way to work – even if it’s just an extra 15 minutes – it all adds up.
If your work place is competitive, perhaps create a challenge or competition around Active April:
- A prize for the first team member who achieves 100,000 steps
- A prize for team members who complete and log 30 minutes of exercise every day for the month of April
Aim to be the workplace that turns sedentary lifestyles in active ones!
Melbourne Osteopathy Sports Injury Centre is here to support and guide any clients who want to take part in Active April or promote it at your workplace. For further information visit our website or contact any one of our expert team on:
- (03) 9939 1289