Osteopathy is a unique system of diagnosis and treatment which lays its main emphasis on the structural integrity of the body. When the body is balanced and efficient, just like a well-tuned engine, it will function with the minimum amount of wear and tear, leaving more energy for living.
Our Essendon osteopathy sports injury centre Team uses many of the conventional medical assessments and tools for diagnosis. The main strength of Osteopathic practice lies in the unique way the patient is assessed from a mechanical, functional, and postural standpoint and the manual methods of treatment applied to suit the needs of the individual patient. Osteopaths can help improve everyday human movement and function by using hands-on techniques such as soft tissue massage, manipulation, stretching of joints and muscles, articulation, mobilisation of joints, and muscle energy techniques.
The main principle which guides us is an acceptance that every human body has the ability to auto-regulate and self-heal in order to achieve homeostatic balance when faced with the process of illness. The aim of osteopathic manual treatment is to assist the body to activate this mechanism.
As part of the holistic or ‘whole-person approach to health, osteopaths also recommend appropriate exercise programs, advice on posture, work-station ergonomic, and lifestyle changes to maximise your recovery, treatment, and management.
Our Essendon Osteopathy Services
Common Problems Treated by Our Osteopaths In Essendon
- Golfer’s and Tennis Elbow
- Wrist and hand pain
- Pre and Post-Operative Care
- Tendonitis, bursitis, ligament sprains
- Repetitive strain injury
- Postural and computer-related problems, (Dowager’s Hump or Trigger Finger/Thumb).
- Whiplash, injury caused by road traffic accidents, etc.
- Pregnancy-related conditions – pelvic, lower back problems
- Ankle and foot pain
- Back pain caused by disc or soft tissue injury or nerve irritation/compression eg. sciatica
- Sacro-iliac joint problems
- Sports Injuries
- Neck pain, headaches, trapped nerves
- Jaw/TMJ joints pain
- Osteoarthritis and associated symptoms of pain, stiffness of joints and muscle weakness
- Shoulder pain including rotator cuff injury, impingement syndrome, and frozen shoulder
- Knee and hip pain
We treat all age groups (1 – 100 years and beyond)
Schedule an Appointment With Our Experienced Osteopaths In Essendon!
Functional Movement & Osteopathy Essendon
Functional Movement principles are another key element of Osteopathy and are based on the premise that how we move very much affects the structures of the body. When treating the body as a whole chain, an Osteopath can quickly recognise deficits in one area that are detrimentally affecting others.
Applied Functional Science works on the premise that how we move very much affects the structures of the body
Taking the view that the body works as a whole chain, the trained Osteopath can quickly recognise deficits in one area that may be detrimentally affecting others.
Using what we know about how the body moves, the goal is to create an environment where the body can learn correct movement patterns specific to its function (or dysfunction). This is rooted in the idea that we want to focus on a client being successful at a movement or exercise, rather than focus on what they are inefficient at. By using movement as a method of analysis, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation, the functional practitioner ensures that the client can return to doing what they want to do, rather than focusing on avoiding the things that cause them pain.
How We Apply Functional Movement
The intersections between Osteopathy and Functional Movement lead to a principle-based approach to tailoring outcomes for patients, rather than broadly generalizing interventions. Approaching the body as a kinetic chain, the Osteopath will focus on what is the root cause of an individual’s pain or movement pattern before attempting to create an environment of success for the body, which can be equated to finding health, rather than focusing on disease.
How Our Osteopaths at Essendon Can Help?
- Osteopathy searches for and treats the cause of pain and dysfunction of the system. This is different from many other forms of therapy that focus only on alleviating the symptoms. By eliminating the cause of the problem, reoccurrence can be prevented.
- Osteopathic treatment reduces pain and can help improve the function of the body by decreasing tensions and restrictions in your muscles, joints, and organs.
- The body has the ability to heal itself and auto-regulate when faced with illness. Osteopathy assists the body to activate this mechanism when it is unable due to the nature of the injury or other factors.
Schedule an Appointment With Our Experienced Osteopaths!
If you would like further information on Essendon Osteopaths please feel free to contact Essendon Osteopathy Sports Injury Centre reception
Why Choose Us?
Essendon has become our new home and we are passionate about providing the community with the highest levels of healthcare. We shifted away from the classic mainstream healthcare model, which was heavily focused on the practitioner, and moved to a model centred on the client experience and achieving exceptional clinical outcomes. We continue to strive to deliver more authentic and genuine care to our community and its people.
We understand that the key to success in both life and business hinges on how well we apply and live by our core values. This means being consistent in everything we do and staying true to our values no matter the situation. At MOSIC we never lose sight of the fact that everything we do is about people.
Our approach to an individual’s health, function, and well-being is centered on the idea of a team-based management approach, with CARE at the centre of all decision-making. We offer a range of health services in each of our locations to meet clients’ needs. At MOSIC we put client care first. We are here to assist you through each step required in order to maximise your health, function and well-being.