M.Sc (Human Movement), B.Sc (Hons) (Exercise & Sport Science), Diploma of Remedial Massage
Marcelle Malan is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and soft tissue manual therapist, with almost two decades of experience working within the field of Human Movement and Rehabilitation. A physiology geek with a fondness for functional strength training, monkey bars, trail running and yoga, she uses both manual therapy and movement-based rehabilitation to assist her clients.
Marcelle has always had a deep love and respect for nature, an inquiring mind, a preference for old wisdom over new technologies, and a natural physicality. These disparate tendencies all converge to shape her practice. Her aim is to work with the natural processes of the body to develop resilience and provide her clients with the skills and tools to better understand and care for their body. When she’s not at work she’s probably throwing heavy things around the gym, or running around some trails trying to keep up with the dog.
Her areas of interest include:
- Alleviating postural pain associated with long-term desk work.
- Movement restoration to assist those with chronic injury or illness.
- Chronic pain disorders and stress.
- The use of natural movement and play-based rehabilitation.
Ultimately, Marcelle’s work is about developing resilience in the body. It is a progressive approach to movement and rehabilitation which provides her clients with the skills and tools to better understand and care for the body.
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Exercise and Sport Science Australia
- Remedial Massage Therapist, Australian Assoc. of Massage Therapists
If you would like to book an appointment with Marcelle Malan or ask her a question you can: