In terms of obesity, Australia’s population continues to rank as the fastest growing in the world. By 2012 10% more adults were overweight or obese than in 1995. We hope that our community here at Melbourne Osteopathy Sports Injury Centre continues to buck this trend. Staying healthy, eating well and keeping active are key factors in a whole host of important risk factors.
As well as keeping your weight in check, you can also expect the following benefits:
- reduced risk of heart attack
- lower blood cholesterol level
- lower risk of type 2 diabetes and some cancers
- lower blood pressure
- stronger bones, muscles, and joints and lower risk of osteoporosis
- lower risk of falls
- better recovery from periods of hospitalisation or bed rest
- feeling better generally – with more energy, a better mood, more relaxation and better sleep.
Obviously it’s no small task to reverse a trend like this. In simple terms we really need to be encouraging our community to eat better and engage in an active lifestyle. By spreading the reach of this simple message, hopefully we can take some steps to achieving our vision here at Melbourne Osteopathy Sports Injury Centre:
“A healthier life for all”.
Dr Brendan O’Loughlin is an experienced Osteopath at Melbourne Osteopathy Sports Injury Centre. He has extensive knowledge of health, nutrition and managing an active lifestyle.