At Melbourne Osteopathy Sports Injury Centre, we recognise the importance of physical activity in the workplace. We support Premier’s Active April for the many physical and psychological benefits that it promotes. With just a little extra effort, you can begin forming healthy long-term habits to keep active whilst managing a busy work schedule.
Try the ideas below – they won’t take up much extra time and can lead to some very positive health improvements:
- Choose stairs over the lift.
- Treat escalators like stairs.
- Try a walking meeting – this helps get the blood flowing and is great for generating ideas.
- Find a lunch time activity – Pilates, walking, yoga, etc.
- Encourage your workplace to start up lunchtime corporate health classes for your team. These are becoming very popular as they benefit individuals’ health and improve productivity for employers.
- Walk part of the way to work – even if it’s just an extra 15 minutes – it all adds up.
Most people are probably now familiar with the standing desk craze that has taken off in many office buildings over the last few years. But is this the answer to the issues that our modern day sedentary lifestyle has caused? And will a standing desk help to improve our posture?