Remedial Massage and Myotherapy can treat a variety of ailments and injuries that may occur as a result of exercise, athletic training or over-use. Treatment can also assist you to train more efficiently and improve performance outcomes.
Myotherapy assesses and physically treats myofascial pain and injury that may affect movement and mobility. It involves predominately deep soft tissue massage as well as cupping, dry needling and stretching.
Evidenced based research supports the following benefits of Remedial Massage & Myotherapy for athletes of every variety and level.
- Improved joint range of motion and joint function
- Increased joint stability and flexibility
- Increased blood, nutrient and oxygen flow
- Increased elimination of toxicity from tissues (lactic acid and metabolic bi-products)
- Increased musculoskeletal symmetry and balance, which leads to improved biomechanics and efficient movement
- Improved sense of physical, mental and emotional wellbeing
- Decreased tension and contraction (hypertonicity) of myofascial tissue
- Decreased risk injury due to repetitive strain, overuse and biomechanical dysfunction
- Decreased muscular spasms
- Improved quality of sleep and training recovery
- Improved immune function
- Improved neurological function
This long list of benefits combine to assist with improved athletic performance.
Regular and consistent treatment is essential for results. Individual treatment plans are created to assist you in reaching your goals.